useful sentences

2018-10-23 20:24

1. Believe it or not (信不信由你!)

Believe it or not, I'm going to America tomorrow!

2. Don't let me down ! 别让我失望! Don't let me down. Keep your promise.

3. Easy come easy go ! 来得容易去得也快!

There is no time like the present! Easy come , easy go !

4. Great minds think alike ! 英雄所见略同!

Great minds think alike, that's just whatI'm going to say.

5. Give me a hand ! 帮我一个忙! Can you give me a hand ?

6. Make up your mind ! 作个决定吧! Make up your mind, are you going or not ?

7. Nice talking to you ! 很高兴和你聊天! I really have to go now. It was nice talking to you.

8. Please don't rush me ! 请不要催促我!

9. That's always the case ! 习以为常! That's not always the case.

10. So far, so good. 目前为止,一切还好。 The work is rather difficult, but so far so good.

6. Are you with me? 你在听我说吗?/能跟上我说的吗?

8. Get the picture? 明白了吗?

1. You see I'm in the middle of something. 你看,我正忙着呢。 2. I can't make it at that time. 我那个时候脱不开身啊。 3. I am tied up. 我有事走不开。

4. Sorry, I'm otherwise engaged. 对不起,我有其他安排了。 5. I have other fish to fry. 我还有别的事要办。 6. I am in a meeting. I'll call you later.

7. I'd love to go to this party, but I have plans tonight.

If the teacher said it in a sarcastic tone, then it means \

1. some thing weighs heavily on one's mind 心事重重

The boss is quite down these days. He seems to have something weighing heavily on his mind.

老板这几天沉默寡言,看起来好像是心事重重的。

2. press one's suit

苦苦哀求

She pressed her suit and asked her husband to give her another chance.

她苦苦哀求丈夫再给她一次机会。

3. cool one's ardor

心凉了半截

Lily was head over heels in love with their company's boss and was thinking of marrying him, but the news that he had taken several girls for a ride cooled her ardor.

莉莉深深爱上了公司的老板并打算嫁给他,但是当她听说他玩弄过几个女孩子之后,她的心都凉了半截。

4. feel left out

受冷落

Who would like to feel left out at such a situation?

在这样的场合上,谁愿意受到冷落?

5. be sick at heart

心里特别难受

I felt sick at heart when I saw how much she was hurt.

看到她受到那般伤害我心里特别难受。

6. be in a pickle

为难

I'm really in a pickle. I'm supposed to buy him a fur coat, but I don't have enough money for such an item.

我真的很为难,我本应该给他买件皮衣,可我没有那么多的钱。

7. nerves on edge

心烦意乱

I don't know what has set my nerves on edge these days.

这几天不知是什么事把我搞得心烦意乱的。

8. a splitting headache

头痛得快炸了

I have a splitting headache.

我的头痛得快炸了。

She thinks she has a crush on John。

I got over my problems.

我克服了我的困难

I don't get what you're saying. 我不懂你的意思

This morning, I got up at 7:30 and got in the shower. I got ready then headed out the door, and when I got to my school, I saw a guy who I don't get along with. He won't get over the fact that I beat him in bascketball. I was trying to get around to telling him that everything is fine, but got mad. Anyway, I got over it and he should to.

Ater school was over, I got on the bus and finally got home. My mom says I've got to clean my room and do some chores [t'??:z] after school or I'll get nothing for supper. When I was in my room listening to music, my mom came in my room and was yelling at me to clean my room. I told her to get out now and that I'll get to it later. I've got to move out soon!

I'll show it to Benjamin. He's bound to know. 我会把它给本杰明看,他肯定会知道。

\ “这太让我吃惊了,本杰明,”她嘲弄道。

A man is deliberately designed to be mortal. He grows, he ages, and he dies. 人注定终有一死:长大、衰老,然后消亡。

As we approach the final days of 2014, I would like to wish you and all your loved ones happy holidays and a very happy and prosperous 2015!


useful sentences.doc 将本文的Word文档下载到电脑 下载失败或者文档不完整,请联系客服人员解决!

下一篇:徐州市和平桥小学学讲计划方案

相关阅读
本类排行
× 注册会员免费下载(下载后可以自由复制和排版)

马上注册会员

注:下载文档有可能“只有目录或者内容不全”等情况,请下载之前注意辨别,如果您已付费且无法下载或内容有问题,请联系我们协助你处理。
微信: QQ: