10.As soon as I was on board(在船上)I began to have second thoughts about leaving.
11.She took a deep interest in(对?及感兴趣) politics while she was still a college student,and was elected to the lower parliament at the age of 40. 12.Alone in London,without friends,work,or money,Shelley fell into(陷入)despair. 13.There was an attempt to sign up(报名参加)more men for the police force,but not many did. 14. The idea sounds fine,but we still need to try it out (试验)in practice. 15.She started working on an engineering degree but dropped out of (退出)college after only a year.
16.If you’re going swimming tomorrow morning , you can count me out(把?排除在外) , because I’ll be preparing for an examination.
17.The child seemed to be unaware of(未意识到)the trouble he had caused , and still laughed in spite of the mother’s anger. 18.The suspect stopped in his tracks(突然停下)when he heard the footsteps behind him.
19.It is true that at times(有时候)even the most talented athletes lose their motivation.
20.A new director has been brought in to turn the company around(改观). 21.The family crisis really brought out her best(使?表现最佳); she was a competent mother and a successful career woman at the same time. 22.The interesting thing about him is that he is one of those who always turn out(结果是)to be lucky no matter what they do.
23.If the traffic plan works out(有好结果),it will be applied to other cities too.
24.Hang in there(坚持),the police will soon come to rescue us.
25.It’s not like Catherine to be rude , she’s polite by nature(天生地).
26.When the boxer let down (放松) his guard , he was knocked out by the opponent.
27.In the interview , the applicant came across as (给人以?印象) being extremely intelligent.
28.In the back of his mind (在?意识中) was the vague idea that he had met her before.
29.I check my email box every evening as a matter of course (例行地). 30.We spent all Saturday morning cleaning up (打扫) the dormitory. 三、 翻译句子。
1.任何年满18岁的人都有资格投票。 Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote.
2.每学期开学前,这些奖学金的申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生。 A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the university to each student before the start of each semester.
3.遵照医生的建议,我决定戒烟。
On the advice of my doctor ,I decided to give up smoking. 4.公园位于县城的正中央。
The park is located right in the center of town. 5.这所大学提供了我们所需的所有材料和设备。
The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire. 6.警察们正忙着填写关于这场事故的各种表格。
The policemen are busy filling out forms about the accident. 7.我想在还车之前把油箱加满。
I want to fill up the fuel tank before returning the car. 8.如果你要投诉,最好遵循正确的程序。
If you want to make a complaint ,you’d better follow the correct procedure.
9.要不是约翰帮忙,我们绝不会这么快就完成实验。
We’ve couldn’t have finished the experiment so soon without John’s help.
10.暴风雨之后,岸边的人们焦急地搜索湖面以期发现小船的踪迹。
After the storm,the people on the shore anxiously scanned the lake for any sign of the boat.
11.我们需要通过减少道路上的车辆以减低燃料消耗。
We need to cut down on our fuel consumption by having fewer cars on the road
12.电费上涨增加了我们的负担。
The rise in power costs has added to our burden. 13.你应该自己判断形事,别总是跟在你哥哥的后面。 You should judge by yourself,and not always follow your brother’s lead. 14.那种发型今年很流行,但是我想明年就会过时。
That hairstyle is in fashion this year,but I am afraid it will be out of fashion next year.
15.在追求真理的过程中,我们注定要遭受失败的痛苦。
We are fated to suffer from many failures in our quest for truth. 16.她在公共汽车站一直等到末班车进站。
She waited at the bud stop until the last bus came in. 17.如果我们能帮得上忙,尽管和我们联系。
If there is any way we can be of assistance,please do not hesitate to contact us.
18.他需要多少船务人员才能使他的游艇航行?
How many crew does he need to sail his yacht? 19.虽然她的新书没有上一本好,但是我还是喜欢它。
I enjoyed her new book,thought it’s not quite as good as her last one. 20.我从未遇到过如此善良的人。
Such before have I met such a kind person.
21.我们得把感情放在一边,从专业的角度来对待这件事。
We have to put aside our emotions and take it from a professional standpoint.
22.这部戏非常精彩,我很快就沉浸于激动人心的剧情之中。
The play was so wonderful that I soon lost myself in the excitement of it.
23.她没有什么爱好,除非你把看电视也算是一种爱好。
She hasn’t got any hobbies unless you call watching TV a hobby. 24.他说他是直接从市长本人那里得到这个消息的。
He said that he had got the information first-hand from the mayor himself.
25.既然你不能回答这个问题,我们最好问问别人。
Since you can’t answer the question,perhaps we’d better ask someone else.
26.那件工作很难做,不过我想试试看。
It’s a difficult job,but I’d like to have a shot . 27.这是一本关于商务实践而非理论的书。
This is a book about business practice as opposed to theory. 28.社会活动从未耽误她的学习。
Social activities never get in the way of her studies. 29.直到1911年人们才发现第一种维生素。
It was not until 1911 that the first vitamin was discovered. 30.很明显,自然灾害是造成这个国家经济危机的原因。
It was obvious that natural disasters were the cause of the country’s economic crisis. Natural disasters have obviously contributed to the country’s economic crisis.
31.他并不后悔说过的话,只是觉得他完全可以不用这种方式表达。
He did not regret what he said,but felt that he could have expressed it differently.
32.我们最好等到12月14日。那是大卫已考完试,就能和我们一起去度假了。 We’d better wait till 14 December,David will have had his exam by then,so he’ll be able to go on holiday with us. 33.他正在做一个新项目,年底前必须完成。
He is working on a new project which has to be finished by the end of the year.
34.他们让我们使用他们的实验室,作为回报,我们则让他们分享研究成果。 They are letting us use their lab,and in return ,we are sharing the results of our research with them.
35.诸如打电话,听电话一类的事情占用了这位秘书的大部分时间。
Such things as making and answering telephone calls take up most of the secretary’s time.
36.为了追求更为健康的饮食,人们现在比过去吃鱼多。
In pursuit of a healthier diet,people are eating more fish than they used to.
37.我们需要在坏天气到来之前叫人把屋顶修一修。
We need to have the roof repaired before the bad weather sets in. 38.这种疾病正在蔓延,所以儿童都有被传染的危险。
The disease is spreading,and all young children are at risk. 39.信息通过电话线从一台电脑传到另一台电脑。
The information is transmitted from one computer to another through a telephone line.
40.杰克是个相当好的赛跑运动员,他在大多数情况下都能获胜。 Jack is a fairly good runner。He wins more often than not.