Mufasa: What are you doing, son?
Simba: Pouncing. 扑击
Mufasa: Let an old pro show you how its done. 让老手教你怎么做吧。
Mufasa: Stay low to the ground. 离地面低点儿。
Simba: Okay, stay low to the ground, right yeah...
Mufasa: Not a sound 不要出声
Mufasa: That’s very good.
Zazu: Sire! Hyenas! In the pride lands! 陛下,鬣狗到荣誉大陆来了!
Mufasa: Zazu! Take Simba home.
Simba: Aw dad, can't I come?
Mufasa: No, son.
Simba: I never get to go anywhere. 我总是哪儿也不能去。
Zazu: Oh, young master, one day you will be king; then you can chase those slobbering, mangy, stupid poachers from dawn until dusk.
殿下,你将来要做国王的。那时你就可以去驱逐这些贪婪、肮脏、愚蠢的偷猎者了,从早到晚。
Simba: Hey Uncle Scar! Guess what! 嘿,Scra叔叔,猜一猜。
Scar: I despise guessing games. 我讨厌猜谜游戏。
Simba: I'm gonna be king of Pride Rock. 我将会成为荣誉石国王。
Scar: Oh, goody. 很好
Simba: My Dad just showed me the whole kingdom. And I'm gonna rule it
6
all. Heh heh.
爸爸刚才带我看了整个王国,我要成为它的统治者。
Scar: Yes. Well, forgive me for not leaping for joy-- bad back, you know. 好,原谅我没有高兴得跳起来。背不好,你知道。
Simba: Hey Uncle Scar. When I'm king, what'll that make you? Scar叔叔,如果我做了国王,那你做什么?
Scar: A monkey's uncle. 一只猴子的叔叔。
Simba: Heheh. You're so weird. 你真怪。
Scar: You have no idea. So, your father showed you the whole kingdom, did he?
你不会了解的。那么说,你父亲给你看了整个王国,是吗?
Simba: Everything.
Scar: He didn't show you what's beyond that rise on the northern border. 他没带你去北部边界以外看一看吗?
Simba: Well no. He said I can't go there.
Scar: And he's absolutely right! It's far too dangerous--only the bravest lions go there.
他是对的,那儿太危险了。只有最勇敢的狮子敢去那儿。
Simba: Well I'm brave. What's out there? 那儿有什么?
Scar: I'm sorry Simba, I just can't tell you.
Simba: Why not?
Scar: Simba, Simba-- I'm only looking out for the well-being of my favorite nephew.
我要照顾我亲爱的侄子的健康。
7
Simba: Yeah, right. I'm your only nephew.
Scar: All the more reason for me to be protective! An elephant graveyard is no place for a young prince... Oops!
还有许多要保护你的原因,象冢不是王子去的地方…
Simba: An elephant what?!? Whoa... 象的什么?
Scar: Oh, dear! I've said too much ... Well, I suppose you'd have found out sooner or later,
you being so clever and all... Oh, just do me one favor. Promise me you'll never visit that dreadful place.
噢,我已经说得太多了。我觉得你迟早会知道的。你这么聪明。帮我一个忙,答应我你永远不会去那恐怖的地方。
Simba: No problem.
Scar: There's a good lad. You run along now and have fun. And remember-- it's our little secret.
好孩子。出去玩玩吧。这是我们之间的秘密。
Simba: Hey Nala.
Nala: Hi Simba.
Simba: Come on. I just heard about this great place. 来,我刚听说一个好地方。
Nala: Simba, I'm kind of in the middle of a Bath. 辛巴,我正在洗澡。
Sarabi: And it's time for yours. 你也该洗了。
Simba: Mom! Mom, you're messing up my mane. 妈妈,你把我的头发弄乱了。
Simba: Okay, okay. I'm clean. Can we go now?
Nala: So where are we going? It better not be anyplace dumb. 最好不是无
8
聊的地方。
Simba: No, it's really cool.
Sarabi: So where is this really cool place? 那么这个很酷的地方在哪儿?
Simba: Oh... around the water hole. 喔,在水坑周围。
Nala: The water hole?!? What's so great about the water hole? 水坑周围?水坑周围有什么好?
Simba: I'll show you when we get there. 到那儿我就告诉你。
Nala: Oh! Uh... mom, can I go with Simba?
Sarafina: Hmm... what do you think, Sarabi?
Sarabi: Well...
Nala and Simba: Pleeeease.
Sarabi: It's all right with me—我没意见。
Simba: Yeah!!
Nala: All right.
Sarabi: --as long as Zazu goes with you. 只要Zazu和你一起去。
Simba: No! Not Zazu!
Zazu: Step Lively. The sooner we get to the water hole, the sooner we can leave.
走快点儿,我们越早赶到水坑,就可以越早离开。
Nala: So where we really going? 我们要去哪儿?
Simba: An Elephant graveyard. 象冢
9
Nala: Wow!
Simba: Shhh! Zazu.
Nala: Right. So how we going to ditch the Dodo? 对了,那我们怎么甩掉这个糊涂蛋?
Zazu: Oh, just look at you two. Little seeds of romance blossoming in the savannah. Your parents will be thrilled, what, with your being betrothed and all.
看你们俩个,浪漫的种子在大草原上开花,你们的父母会感到惊喜的,为你还有你的未婚妻。
Simba: Be-what? 什么?
Zazu: Betrothed. Intended. Affianced. 婚约。订婚。
Nala: Meaning? 什么意思?
Zazu: One day you two are going to be married. 将来你们要结婚的。
Simba: Yuck.
Nala: Ewww.
Simba: I can't marry her. She's my friend. 我不能娶她,她是我的朋友。
Nala: Yeah. It'd be so weird. 对,感觉很怪。
Zazu: Well sorry to bust your bubble, but you two turtle doves have no choice. It's a tradition going back generations. 对不起,我不该绝你们的念头。但你们没有选择。这是世代相传的风俗。
Simba: Well when I'm king, that'll be the first thing to go. 我当国王时,第一件事就要废除它。
Zazu: Not so long as I'm around. 只要有我在就没门儿。
10