b: yes, this way please.
好的,请跟我来。
a: can we see the menu, please?
能让我们看一看菜单吗?
b: here you are.
给您。
a: what’s good today?
今天有什么好吃的?
我推荐香酥鸭。
a: we don’t want that. well, perhaps we’ll begin with mushroom soup, and follow by some seafood and chips.
我们不想吃香酥鸭。或许我们可以先吃蘑菇汤,然后再要点海鲜和土豆片。
b: do you want any dessert?
要甜品吗?
c: no dessert, thanks. just coffee.
不,谢谢。 咖啡就行了。
(after a few minutes.)
过了一会儿。
a: i can have the check, please.
结帐。
c: george. let’s split this.
乔治,我们各自付帐吧。
a: no, it’s my treat tonight.
不,今天我请客。
b: cash or charge, sir?
现金还是记帐?
a: charge, please. put it on my american express.
记帐。请记入我的美国运通信用卡帐号。
dialogue 4
a: good morning. can i help you?
早上好。有什么能效劳的吗?
b: i want an american breakfast with fried eggs, sunny side up.
我想要一份美式早餐,要单面煎的鸡蛋。
a: what kind of juice do you prefer, sir?
您想要哪种果汁呢?
b: grapefruit juice and please make my coffee very strong.
西柚汁,还有,我要杯很浓的咖啡。
a: yes, sir. american breakfast with fried eggs, sunny side up, grapefruit juice and a black coffee. am i correct, sir?
好的,一份美式早餐,要单面煎的鸡蛋、西柚汁及一杯清咖啡,对吗?
b: yes, that’s right.
是的。
a: is there any thing else, sir?
还有什么吗,先生?
b: no, that’s all.
没有了,谢谢。
(later)
稍后
a: good morning, sir. i’ve brought the breakfast you ordered.
早上好,先生。您要的早餐送上来了。
b: just put it on the table, please.
请放在桌上。
a: do you need anything else, sir?
先生,还有其他需要吗?
b: no thanks. ah, yes! can i have some more juice for the minibar?
没有,谢谢。 啊!可否多放一些果汁在冰箱里?
a: what kind of juice would you like, sir?
哪种果汁呢,先生?
b: tomato, orange and apple juice, please.
番茄汁、橙汁及苹果汁。
a: yes, sir. i’ll get them for you right away. would you please sign this bill first? thank you, sir.
好的,我立刻去取。麻烦您先签了这张帐单。
dialogue 5
啊,我快饿死啦。我想吃点真正的中国菜。您给我推荐什么呢,服务生?
b: well, it depends. you see, there are eight famous chinese cuisines:for instance, the sichuan cuisine, and the hunan cuisine.
那要看情况了。您知道,中国主要有八大菜系。比方说,川菜、湘菜。
a: they are both spicy hot, i’ve heard.
我听说这两种都很辣。
b: that’s right. if you like hot dishes, you can try some.
对。您要是爱吃辣的,可以试试。
a: they might be too hot for me.
对我来说可能太辣了点。
b: then there’s the cantonese cuisine and the jiangsu cuisine. most southerners like them.