呃 再把书放在有花的桌子上
Shit! It's that door to the left.
该死! 是左边那扇门
Okay. 好的
Thank you. 谢谢
You can give the Book to us. Shh. Which... Which table? 你可以把书给我们 嘘,哪张桌子?
It's okay. Come on up. No, I can't. I can't.
没关系,上来吧 不,我不能上去
What? It's okay. Come on. 什么?没关系的 来啊
Yeah, come on. It's okay. Please stop talking. 是啊,来啊 没事的 拜托别说了
Or you can bring the Book upstairs. Emily does it all the time.
你可以把书带上来 艾米莉经常这么做
She does? Right. She does, all the time.
有吗?是啊,她经常这样
Yeah? Okay. 是吗?好吧
what did you expect me to do, walk out in the middle of a cover shoot?
你要我怎么做 在封面拍摄途中溜出来?
I rushed out of an investment committee meeting... 我从投资协会的会议中冲出来?
and I sat there waiting for you for almost an hour. 坐在那里等了你近一个小时
I told you the cell phones didn't work. Nobody could get a signal out.
都说了手机没信号,所有人都没信号
I knew what everyone in that restaurant was thinking... 我知道餐厅里的其他人怎么想的?
there he is, waiting for her again. 看他,又在等她
Okay, okay! Okay, okay. Oh, no. Shh! 好吧,好吧! 哦,不,嘘!
It really wasn't that big a deal. I promise. 事情没那么严重,我发誓
The twins said hello, so I said hello back.
双胞胎说你好,我也说你好
Then I went up the stairs to give her the Book and... You went upstairs?
然后我上楼给她书,然后? 你上楼了?
Oh, my God. Why didn't you just climb into bed with her and ask for a bedtime story?
哦,天哪,你干脆去她床边 让她念故事算了!
Okay, I made a mistake. I know. 行了,我知道错了
Andrea, you don't understand. 安吉丽雅,你不明白
If you get fired, that might jeopardize Paris for me. 如果你被炒,我就去不成巴黎了
If that happens, I will search every Blimpie's in the tristate area until I track you down.
真要是那样,我会追杀你到天涯海角
She's gonna fire me? 她会解雇我?
I don't know. She's not happy. 我不知道,她很不高兴
Andrea?
安吉丽雅?
Miranda, about last night, I... 马琳达,关于昨晚,我?
I need the new Harry Potter book for the twins. 我要给双胞胎新的《哈里·波特》
Okay. Okay. I'll go down to Barnes & Noble right now. 好的,好的,我马上去书店买
Did you fall down and smack your little head on the pavement?
你在人行道摔伤脑袋了?
Not that I can recall. 我不记得有啊
We have all the published Harry Potter books. The twins want to know what happens next.
我们有所有已经出版的《哈里·波特》 双胞胎想知道接下来会怎么样
You want the unpublished manuscript? 你要未出版的手稿?
We know everyone in publishing. It shouldn't be a problem, should it?
我们和众多出版界打交道 这应该不是问题,对吗?
And you can do anything, right? 你会尽你所能的,对吗?
Yes, Bobbsey. I know, baby.
是的,小波波 我知道,宝贝
Mommy's working very hard to get it for you.
妈妈已经尽全力帮你去找了
She doesn't get it. 她是故意的
I could call frickirJ.K. Rowling herself. I'm not gonna get a copy of that book.
就算有 J·K·罗林的电话 我也要不到那本书 {\\an8}J·K·罗林 - 《哈里·波特》的作者
My girls are leaving on the train for their grandmother's at 4:00...
我的孩子会坐四点的火车去见她们的外婆
so the book better be here no later than 3:00. 那书最晚要在三点弄到手
Of course! And I would like my steak here in 15 minutes. 当然! 十五分钟内准备好我的牛排
No problem! 没问题!
Okay. I have four hours to get the impossible manuscript. 好了,四个小时内得到不可能得到的手稿
Smith & Wollensky's doesn't open until 11:30. How am I gonna get the steak?
SW 牛排店十一点半才开门 要去哪儿买牛排?
Okay. I will be back in 15 minutes. 好吧,我十五分钟内回来
Wish me luck! No. Shart.
祝我好运 霉运送给你
Yes, yes, yes, yes. I've been on hold. It's for Miranda Priestly.
好的,好的,我还在 这是马琳达·皮斯里的要求
It's very important. 非常重要
Yes, I know it's impossible to get... 是,我知道这不可能?
but, well, I was wondering if you could make the impossible possible...
所以我才问你如果可能的话?
if that's at all possible.
?是不是能将不可能变成可能 {\\an8}SW 牛排店
Yes, I'm calling about the Harry Potter manuscript. 是,我打电话询问《哈里·波特》的手稿
Uh, no. Unpublished. 哦,不,是未出版的
Not a chance? 没门?
Tell her that it's for Miranda Priestly. 告诉她是马琳达·皮斯里要求的
'Cause I think it makes a difference. 能重新考虑吗?
《纽约人》 克里斯丁·汤普森
Let me call you back.
我等会儿打给你
You probably don't remember me. We met at James Holt's party.
你可能不记得我 我们在詹姆斯·浩特的聚会上见过面
I'm Miranda Priestly's assistant.
我是马琳达·皮斯里的助理
The Harry Potter manuscript? Oh, you're kidding. 《哈里·波特》的手稿?开玩笑吧
Uh, sorry to ask, but I'm desperate. 抱歉打扰,但我也是穷途末路了
Just tell her it can't be done. You'll have to come up with a Plan \
就跟她说不可能,让她提其它方案
Well, this is Miranda Priestly we're talking about. 我们在谈论的是马琳达·皮斯里
There is no Plan \ 不可能有其它方案 只有按照她的方案办
Is she back? Am I fired?
她回来了吗?我被炒了吗?
I rarely say this to people who aren't me... 我很少对我之外的人说这话?
but you have got to calm down. 但你得冷静下来
Bloody hell! 该死!
Coat, bag.
外套,包
What's that? Oh, I don't want that. I'm having lunch with Irv.
那是什么?我不要了 我和俄弗一起吃午餐
I'll be back at 3:00. I'd like my Starbucks waiting.
我会在三点回来 到时还要一杯星巴克的咖啡
Oh, and if you don't have that Harry Potter book by then... 哦,如果到时还没有那本《哈里·波特》
don't even bother coming back. 你就别回来了
Hello. 喂?
Quit? Are you sure? 辞职?你确定?
I failed. She's gonna fire me anyway. 我完了,她肯定会炒了我
I might as well beat her to the punch. Wow. 还不如先辞职算了
Andy, good for you. Congratulations. You're free. 安迪,干得好 恭喜你,你自由了
Yeah. Well, listen, I'll call you later. Okay. 是啊,我呆会儿再打给你 好
Hello.
喂?
I'm brilliant. No, really.
我是天才,真的
Monuments should be erected in my honor. You didn't. 该为我立纪念碑 不会吧
Oh, yes. A friend of a friend does the cover art... 是的,一个朋友的朋友做封面设计
and she happens to have the manuscript. 她碰巧有那本手稿
Oh, no, 'cause that would mean that I actually did something right.
哦,不,那意味着我还是做对一件事了
It's just... Oh! 这真是?哦!
The thing is, Christian, I was just... 问题是,克里斯丁,我只是?
Look, you want this thing, you better hurry. I'll meet you at the St. Regis.
你还想要那东西的话就快点 去圣·理杰斯见我
Excuse me. 借过
Welcome to the St. Regis. May I assist you with anything? Oh. Yes.
欢迎来圣·理杰斯,能为您服务吗? 哦,是的
Uh, I'm meeting someone at the King Cole Bar. Right this way.
我在科尔国王酒吧约了朋友 这边请 Hi.
嗨
You have one hour. Thank you.
你还剩一个小时 谢谢你
One copy. What are my twins gonna do with that? Share? 只有一本手稿 双胞胎该怎么办?一起看?
Oh, no, I made two copies... 哦,不,我已经做成两本
and had them covered, reset and bound so that they wouldn't look like manuscripts.
装订好并添加了封面 那样看起来就不会像手稿
This is an extra copy to have on file. You know, just in case. 复制成一模一样的两本 你知道,以防万一
Well, where are these fabulous copies? I don't see them anywhere.
嗯,那么装订好的两本手稿在哪呢? 我怎么没看到?
They're with the twins, on the train on the way to Grandma's.
双胞胎已经在去外婆家的火车上开始看了
Is there anything else I can do for you? 还有什么需要我做的吗?
Mm-mmm. That's all. 就这些吧
Okay.
好的
Hey. Hey. I went to Dean & Deluca.
嘿,嘿,我去了狄恩德鲁卡超市
{\\an8}狄恩德鲁卡超市 - Dean & Deluca 纽约顶级超市
Man, they charge, like, five dollars a strawberry there. 天!那里的草莓居然要五块钱一颗
But I figure since you quit your job... 可我想既然你辞职了?
we should celebrate. 我们应该庆祝一下
Listen, Nate. Wait a minute.
这个,内特 等等
You quit your job, but you're still working on the twins' science project?
你都已经辞职了 怎么还在替双胞胎做作业?
Well, that's big of you. 你可真伟大啊
Okay, after we talked, I realized... 给你打完电话后,我觉得?
it doesn't make sense throwing away all those months of