他总是给迟到找借口。
92. I’m thinking about a visit to Paris. 我在考虑去巴黎。
93. He is thinking about moving to a new place. 他在考虑搬到一个新的地方去。
94. I’m finishing my second year of studies. 我即将完成第二年的学习。
95. We’re running behind schedule by about 15 minutes. 我们落后于预定计划大约15分钟。 96. Do you mind my smoking here? 你介意我在这里吸烟吗?
97. Would you mind closing the window for me? 你介意为我关上窗户吗?
98. Would you mind waiting outside? 请你在外面等,好吗?
99. Would you mind turning down the radio? 你是否介意把收音机调低?
100. I saw a man walking across the road with the obvious intention of talking to me. 我看见一个人穿过大街,很明显他想跟我交谈。 101. He keeps looking at himself in the mirror. 他不停地照镜子。
102. He often went from town to town giving lectures. 他经常奔波于各个城镇作演讲。
103. With all his savings gone, he started to look for a job.
积蓄都用完以后,他就开始去找工作。 104. Who is the girl in a white shirt? 穿白衬衣的这位女孩是谁? 105. Who can help me clean the room?
谁能帮我打扫房间?
106. Who’s going to answer the telephone?
谁去接电话?
107. What’s your nationality, sir? 你是什么国籍,先生?
108. Would you please help me with my homework? 你能帮我做家庭作业吗?
109. Would you please help me with this heavy box?
你能帮我提一下这只重箱子吗?
110. When are you going to get your hair cut?
你什么时候去剪头发?
111. What time do you go swimming every day?
你每天什么时候去游泳? 112. How are you doing these days?
这些日子你怎么样?/你近来怎样啊? 113. How do you spell your last name?
您的姓怎么拼写?
114. “How did you write your advertisement”, asked a businessman.
一个商人问道:“你的广告是怎么写的?”
115. What kind of life do most people enjoy?
大多数人喜欢哪一种生活?
116. Excuse me. Could you tell me how to get to the cinema (post office)?
对不起,你能告诉我怎么去电影院(邮局)怎么走吗? 117. Could you tell me where the post office is?
你能告诉我邮局在什么地方吗?
118. Excuse me. where’s the nearest police station?
对不起,请问最近的警察局在哪里? 119. Hi. What can I get for your dinner, sir? 你好,先生,请问您晚餐点什么吃?
120. Why do you want me to change the channel? 为什么你要我换频道?
121. Don’t you see it was just for fun? You got it all wrong.
你没看出那只不过是开开玩笑吗?你完全误解了。 122. Don’t you think smoking is harmful to your health?
难道你不认为吸烟对你的健康有害吗? 123. All that glitters is not gold.
所有闪光的东西未必都是金子。
124. All things are difficult before they are easy.
凡事总是先难后易。
125. Each time history repeats itself, the price goes up.
历史每重演一次,代价就增加一分。 126. It’s never too late to learn.
活到老,学到老。
127. Think it over before you speak. 说话前要考虑仔细。
128. It’s easy to say, but difficult to do.
说时容易,做时难。
129. Even young people with little money do not want to buy cheap furniture that they may
soon dislike.
就连手里没有多少钱的年轻人也不想买便宜的家具,因为对这些便宜家具很快就会厌
倦。
130. But it looks like something that I would never buy.
但是这看上去是我从来都不会买的东西。
131. He wanted to help all the wounded people no matter which side they were fighting for.
他想帮助所有受伤的人,不管他们是为了哪一方而战。
132. Can you answer a question which I want to ask and which is puzzling me?
我有个问题弄不懂,想请教你,你能回答吗? 133. He is the very person who I’m looking for.
他正是我要找的人。
134. The only other people who knew the secret were his father and mother.
其他知道这个秘密就只有他的父母了。 135. She likes to help anyone who is in difficulty.
她喜欢帮助任何一个有困难的人。
136. He has a foreign friend who lives in America.
他有一个住在美国的外国朋友。
137. A characteristic of American culture is to respect the self-made man— the man who has
made it through his own efforts.
美国文化的一个特点就是尊重自我奋斗者,即通过自身努力成功的人。 138. The earth on which we live is shaped like a ball.
我们居住的地球是球型的。
139. My doctor advised that I write down any worries, thoughts or questions before I go to bed.
我的医生建议我在上床睡觉之前写下所有担忧、想法与疑问。
140. If you decided to learn a new language, you would have to dedicate yourself
wholeheartedly to the cause.
如果你决定学一门新语言,你必须全身心地投入。 141. Let me type in your address and then open the account.
让我录入你的地址,然后给你开个账户。 142. Promise me never to be late again.
答应我下次不再迟到。
143. Take this empty box away and bring me a full one. 把这个空箱子拿走,带一个满的给我。 144. Open the window and let the fresh air in.
请把窗户打开,让新鲜空气进来。 145. Please ring me up tomorrow morning.
请在明天上午给我打电话。 146. My roommate, Tom, is also a graduate student like me.
我的室友汤姆和我一样也是研究生。
147. They quested both men but neither of them could speak English.
他们向那两个人求助,但两个人都不会英语。 148. Both Ann and Mary are suitable for the job.
安妮和玛丽都适合于这项工作。
149. Great writers are those who not only have great thoughts but also express these thoughts in
powerful or moving words.
伟大的作家是那些不仅拥有伟大的思想,而且还能用有力、感人的语言表达这些思想的人。
150. We are short of time and money.
我们既缺时间又缺钱。
151. Their parents don’t know them as well as their friends do.
他们的父母不如他们朋友那么了解他们。 152. They are ordinary people, but did a great job.
他们都是普通人,但做了不平凡的工作。
153. The friend saw everything but did not say a single word.
这位朋友目睹了一切,但只字未提(却一言不发)。
154. People usually hate mice, but one mouse won the hearts of the people all over the world.
人们通常厌恶老鼠,但有一只老鼠却赢得了全国人民的心。 155. But competitive swimming is just over one hundred years old.
但是游泳比赛只有一百多年的历史。
156. Yeah, but they play the same songs over and over again.
是啊,但是他们一遍遍重放同样的歌曲。
157. But I’ve got room for only two of you in the house.
但是我家里只能住下你们其中的两个人。
158. Tom likes playing basket-ball but he can’t play well.
汤姆喜欢打篮球,但他打得不好。
159. She likes Mike a lot, but she doesn’t want to get married so early.
她很喜欢迈克,但是她不想这么早结婚。 160. Jim was intelligent, but he hated hard work.
吉姆很聪明,但是他讨厌努力工作。
161. I looked for the book on the desk but it was nowhere.
我寻找放在书桌上的书,但就是找不到。 162. They are ordinary people, but did a great job.
他们都是普通人,但做得很好。
163. The school therefore plans games and matches for its pupils.
因此,学校为学生们安排游戏和比赛。
164. He went out of the room and came back a few minutes later.
他跑出房间,几分钟后又回来了。
165. Laptop computers are popular all over the world and give people easy access to the
Internet.
手提电脑在世界都十分普及,为人们提供便利上网的途径。 166. Try hard or you’ll fail the test.
努力学习,不然考试就通不过。
167. We all like her because she's very helpful.
我们都很喜欢她,因为她乐于助人。
168. I can’t go with you today, because I’m too busy.
我今天不能跟你去,因为我太忙了。
169. Because there was heavy traffic, we were ten minutes late.
由于交通拥堵,我们迟到了十分钟。 170. Just because you like, it doesn’t mean I will.
仅仅因为你喜欢,并不意味着我也会喜欢。
171. Mark couldn’t come to the party because he had to work.
马克因为不得不工作,不能来参加我们的晚会。
172. I’m certain he’ll go to see the film, because he’s brought the ticket.
我确定他会去看电影,因为他已经买了电影票。
173. Because of his carelessness, Jack hit his car into a big tree by the roadside. 因为粗心,杰克开车撞到路边的一棵大树上。 174. I’ll move to another city because of my job.
由于工作关系,我将搬迁到另一座城市去。 175. I came back because of the rain. 因为下雨,所以我回来了。
176. There is a large amount of energy wasted due to friction.
由于摩擦而损耗了大量的能量。
177. The cause of the fire was carelessness.
火灾的原因是粗心。
178. Though it was late, they kept on working. 尽管时间已晚,但是他们还在继续工作。
179. Though it was beyond them, they tried their best to do it.
虽然这件事超出他们的能力范围,但他们还是尽全力去做。
180. Though this question is very difficult, if you keep on trying, you’ll find the right answer.
尽管这个问题很难,但是如果你继续不断尝试,你会得到正确答案的。 181. Though it was late, they kept on working.
虽然很晚了, 他们还在继续工作。
182. John and his brother differ in personality even if their differences in age are not
significant.
约翰和他的哥哥,年纪相差不大,但个性却大相径庭。
183. Fred was such a hardworking student that he soon came out first in the class.
弗莱德是一个学习如此勤奋的学生,以至于不久他就成了班上学习最好的学生。 184. Bob was such a hardworking man that he always worked late till night.
鲍勃是一个如此勤奋的人,以至于他总是工作到深夜。
185. He was such a hardworking student that he achieved the first place in the final exam.
他是一个学习十分用功的学生,因此他在期末考试中考取第一名。 186. I was so bewildered by their conflicting advice that I didn’t know how to act. 我被他们相互矛盾的意见搞糊涂了,不知道如何去做才是。
187. The little girl ran so fast that she was thrown off balance and fell over.
那个小女孩跑得太快,结果身体一下失去平衡,跌倒了。
188. When she got back home, she showed her new beautiful hat to her husband.
当她回到家时,她给她丈夫展示了她漂亮的新帽子。 189. I was having a nap when suddenly the telephone rang.
我在午睡时,突然电话铃响了。
190. They were brought up under the same roof when they were young.
他们小时候是在同一个屋檐下被抚养长大的。
191. We were having a party at school last night when the lights suddenly went out.
昨晚我们正在学校举行派对时,突然停电了。 192. She could not follow me when I spoke to her.
当我跟她讲话时,她根本听不懂我的话。
193. When I was young, I’d listen to the radio, waiting for my favorite songs.
我年轻的时候,我总是听收音机,等候我最喜欢的歌曲。 194. When she left school, she went first to Britain.
在她毕业后,她先去了英国。
195. Some of her pictures were shown in an art exhibition in Shanghai when she was 4 years
old.
在她4岁的时候,她的一些画就在上海的一个艺术展览会上展出过。 196. Were there any phone calls for me while I was out?
我不在时,有人打电话找我吗?