Dashan: Yes, but an eventful one, wasn't it, Yunbo?
大山:是啊,但也算不上平平淡淡,你说是不是,云波?
{10}Rumei: Hi, Dashan. It's Rumei. 如梅:大山,你好。 我是如梅。
Dashan: Oh, hi, Rumei.
大山:噢,如梅,是你。你好。
Rumei: Yunbo and I want to eat breakfast at that pancake restaurant down the street. Would you like to come?
如梅:云波和我要去街口的煎饼店去吃早点。 你愿意一起去吗?
Dashan: Oh, I'd like to, but maybe another time. 大山:嗯,我愿意去,可是还是改天吧。
Rumei: What's the matter? 如梅:你怎么了?
Dashan: I don't feel very well. 大山:我身体不舒服。
Rumei: Oh, that's too bad, Dashan. 如梅:那太糟糕了,大山。
Dashan: Yeah. I felt terrible last night. I had a fever and a bad headache. 大山:是啊。昨天夜间我特别不好受。我发烧了,头疼得厉害。
Rumei: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Did you sleep?
如梅:知道你病了,我很不安。 你夜间睡着了吗?
Dashan: No, I didn't. Not really. I woke up at midnight and I didn't sleep after that. I felt very warm.
大山:没有,没真睡着。半夜醒来之后就再也没睡,觉得(浑身)发热。
Rumei: Maybe you should see a doctor. 如梅:可能你得去看看病。
Dashan: Oh, I'm all right. I need to sleep. That's all.
大山:我想没什么事。我需要睡会儿觉,就会好了。
Rumei: Dashan, I think you should see a doctor. 如梅:大山,我认为你得去看看病。
Dashan: Maybe you're right. I want to be healthy for our trip. 大山:也许你是对的。旅途中我不能病倒。
Rumei: Do you know any doctors here? 如梅:这里有你认识的大夫吗?
Dashan: No, I don't. But yesterday I saw a walk-in medical clinic down the street from the hotel. I can go there.
大山:没有,不过昨天我在酒店这条街上看见了一家免约诊所。 我可以去那里看看病 Rumei: What's a walk-in medical clinic? 如梅:免约诊所是什么样的诊所?
Dashan: A walk-in clinic is a doctor's office. A sick person can walk into the clinic and see a doctor. You don't need to have an appointment.
大山:免约诊所是大夫行医的诊所,病人可以随时进去看病,而不用提前预约。
Rumei: Can I go with you? Maybe I can help you. 如梅:我跟你一起去吗?也许我能帮上忙的。
Dashan: No, thanks, Rumei. I'm okay. But thanks for your concern. 大山:不用了,谢谢你。我没事。谢谢你的关心。
Rumei: Oh, you're welcome, Dashan. Talk to you soon. 如梅:你别客气,大山。我们一会儿见。
Dashan: Hello. My name is Dashan. I need to see a doctor. 大山:您好。我是大山。我要看大夫。
Receptionist: Is this your first visit to our clinic? 接待员:这是你第一次来我们这儿吗?
Dashan: Yes, it is. I'm from out of town. 大山:是的。我不是本地人。
Receptionist: Do you have Ontario Health Insurance? 接待员:你有安大略省医疗保险吗?
Dashan: Yes, I do. 大山:我有。
Receptionist: Please take a seat and fill out this information sheet. Did you bring your Health Insurance card?
接待员:请坐下,填好这张登记表。你带着你的医疗保险卡吗?
Dashan: Yes, I did. I brought it. Here it is. 大山:带着呢。 在这儿。
{11}Receptionist: Sir, please follow me to Examination Room Number Three. 接待员:请跟我到第三检查室。
Doctor: Good morning, I'm Doctor Landry. What can I do for you today? 医生:上午好。我是兰德利医生。我能为您做点什么?
Dashan: Oh, Doctor. I don't feel well. My whole body aches. I have an upset stomach and I feel dizzy.
大山:大夫,我觉得难受,浑身疼痛,胃部不舒服,头晕。
Doctor: When did your symptoms begin? 医生:这些症状是什么时候开始的?
Dashan: They began last night. I didn't sleep. 大山:昨天夜里开始的。 我没睡着觉。
Doctor: Did you have a fever? 医生:你发烧了吗?
Dashan: Yes, I did. Sometimes I felt hot and sometimes I felt cold. I felt awful. 大山:是的。我有时觉得冷,又有时觉得热,非常难受。
Doctor: Did you take anything for it? 医生:你吃什么药了吗?
Dashan: No, I didn't. 大山:没吃。
Doctor: Well, first I need to listen to your chest. Then, I need to check your ears and throat. Could you unbutton your shirt for me, please? Breathe in deeply. Now breathe out. Again. Now, open your mouth wide, and say,\
医生:我先得听听你的胸部。然后我再检查一下你的耳朵和喉咙。请你把上衣的扣子解开好吗?深吸一口气,现在呼出来,再来一遍。现在张大嘴,说“ 啊??”。
Dashan: Ah.
大山:啊??。
Doctor: Well, your chest sounds clear and your throat and ears look normal. But I'm concerned about your fever. I need to take your temperature.
医生:胸部听起来很清楚,喉咙和耳朵看起来也正常。 但是我还是担心你的发烧问题。 我得量一量你的体温。
Doctor: You probably have a virus. You should take it easy for a few days. You shouldn't get overtired. And you should also drink plenty of fluids.
医生:你可能是感染了病毒。你要好好休息几天,不要太累,你还得多喝水。
Doctor: Hmm. Yes, you have a slight temperature. 医生:噢,你是有点发烧。
Dashan: What should I take for it? 大山:我要吃什么药来退烧呢?
Doctor: Some acetaminophen. 医生:吃点退热净吧。
Dashan: Excuse me?
大山:对不起,你说的是什么药?
Doctor: You should take some acetaminophen for your fever. You can get some at the pharmacy across the street.
医生:你要吃点退热净。 你可以在对面那条街的药店买到这种药。
Dashan: How often should I take the acetaminophen? 大山:隔多长时间吃一次?
Doctor: You should take two tablets every four hours. 医生:每隔四小时吃两片。
Dashan: Okay. Thanks, Doctor. 大山:好的,谢谢你,大夫。
Doctor: You're welcome. Now, take care of yourself. 医生:不客气。你多保重。
{12}Rumei: Dashan, I'm over here. It's great to see you. How do you feel? 如梅:大山,我在这边。见到你我真高兴。你感觉怎么样?
Dashan: I feel fine now. The doctor was right. I really needed to get some rest. 大山:我感觉很好。大夫说得对,我确实需要休息休息。
Yunbo: Hi, Dashan. How are you?
云波:大山,你好。你身体怎么样?
Dashan: Pretty good, thanks. 大山:相当不错,谢谢。
Yunbo: Dashan, have some coffee. My treat. 云波:大山,来喝杯咖啡,我请客。
Dashan: Oh, thanks. 大山:哦,谢谢你。
Yunbo: And here are your cookies, Rumei. 云波:如梅,这是你的曲奇饼。
Rumei: Thanks. Would you like a chocolate cookie? 如梅:大山,你想吃点巧克力饼干吗?
Dashan: No, thanks. I'm not hungry. 大山:不要,谢谢。我不饿。
Yunbo: Dashan, do you have any plans for today? 云波:大山,你今天有什么安排吗?
Dashan: No, I don't have any. 大山:没有。
Rumei: Well, it's a beautiful day. Would you like to join us for a walk? 如梅:那你看,今天天气非常好,你愿意跟我们一起出去走走吗?
Dashan: Yes, I'd like to. I like to walk around in big cities. You can always learn a lot about them. 大山:我愿意,我很喜欢在大城市里转转。这样总是能加深对这些城市的了解。
Yunbo: I agree.
云波:我同意你的看法。
Yunbo: Rumei, what do you think of these window displays? 云波:如梅,你觉得橱窗的展品摆设怎么样?
Rumei: They're wonderful. Oh, look at this clothing store for children. The clothes are very cute and colourful.
如梅:好极了。 嘿,看这家儿童服装店的摆设。那些衣服样子多漂亮,颜色多鲜艳。 Yunbo: This store looks interesting. 云波:这家商店看起来很有意思。
Dashan: Oh, this store is Roots. It's a popular Canadian chain of clothing stores. Roots has stores across Canada and in other parts of the world. 大山:是啊,商场名字是“根”,是在加拿大很有名的服装连锁店,在加拿大全国以至世界各地都有它的分店。