走进加拿大英语对话(6)

2019-02-15 23:00

格伦:你们在加拿大过得愉快吗?

Rumei: Yes, we are. We're visiting many parts of your country. Dashan is an excellent guide. 如梅:很愉快,我们走访了贵国的很多地方。大山是个好向导。

Yunbo: Oh, this office is beautiful. It's so spacious. 云波:啊,这办公室非常漂亮,特别宽敞。

Glens: Thanks. We moved into this space about a year ago. Our other office was too small. It wasn't big enough to accommodate our staff.

格伦:谢谢。我们是大约一年前搬到这里来的。原来的办公室太小了,不够我们的员工用。

Yunbo: How many people work at Capital Electronics? 云波:首都电子公司有多少雇员?

Glen: About 25. And we're planning to hire another five people next month. Why don't we move into the boardroom? It's straight ahead.

格伦:二十五名左右。 我们计划在下个月新增五人。我们到会议室去吧。就在前面。

Yunbo: Sure. 云波:好的。

Glen: Could I get you something to drink? 格伦:需要喝点什么?

Rumei: No thanks, I'm fine. 如梅:我不要,谢谢。

Yunbo: I'm okay, thanks. 云波:我也不用,谢谢。

Warwick: Glen, are these your friends from China? 沃里克:格伦,这是你从中国来的朋友吗?

Glen: Yes, Sharon. Come in, please. Su Rumei, Li Yunbo and Dashan, I'd like to introduce you to our president, Sharon Warwick.

格伦:是的,莎伦,请进来。苏如梅,李云波,大山,我来介绍一下我们公司的总裁莎伦·沃里克。

Yunbo: How do you do, Ms Warwick? 云波:沃里克女士,您好!

Warwick: I'm so delighted to meet you. Could you pronounce your names for me again? 沃里克:见到你们我非常高兴。请把你们的名字再给我说一遍好吗?

Rumei: Surely, LI YUNBO, DASHAN, SU RUMEI. 如梅:当然可以。李-云-波,大-山,苏-如-梅

Warwick: Su Rumei, Li Yunbo, Dashan. 沃里克:苏如梅,李云波,大山。

Yunbo: Right. Your pronunciation in Chinese is very good. 云波:对,您的汉语发音很好。

Glen: Sharon, you're taking Chinese conversation lessons, aren't you? 格伦:莎伦,你现在正学汉语口语,是不是?

Warwick: Yes, but I don't know how to carry on a conversation in Chinese. Yet. 沃里克:对,可是我不会用汉语与人交谈,现在还不会。

Dashan: Capital Electronics is doing very well, isn't it? 大山:首都电子公司发展很不错,是不是?

Warwick: Well, we aren't the biggest software company in Canada, but we try very hard to produce good products.

沃里克:哦,我们公司在加拿大算不上最大的软件开发公司,但是我们在尽全力生产高质量的产品。

Dashan: Do you sell a lot of computer softwares to the United States? 大山:你们向美国出口很多软件吗?

Glen: Not any more. We aren't concentrating on the American market these days. We're focusing on the Asian market.

格伦:不,现在已经变了。现在我们的重点已经不放在美国的市场,而是放在亚洲市场。

Yunbo: Are you doing any business in China? 云波:你们在中国有业务吗?

Warwick: Yes, we are. As a matter of fact, we're working on a joint venture now. We're developing some new software for China.

沃里克:有,实际上我们现在正在筹备一家合资公司。我们现在正为中国开发一个新软件。

Yunbo: That's interesting. What kind of software are you developing? 云波:这真令人感兴趣。你们在开发什么样的软件?

Glen: Software for Chinese banks and other financial institutions. 格伦:为中国的银行及金融机构开发软件。

Warwick: Please excuse me, I have to go now. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Canada. It was a pleasure to meet you.

沃里克:请原谅,我得走了。祝你们余下的加拿大之旅顺利。见到你们我很高兴。

Rumei: It was OUR pleasure. 如梅:我们很高兴见到了您。

Glen: Would you like to meet a few other members of our team? 格伦:你们愿意见一见我们这儿的其他人吗?

Dashan & Rumei: Yes/Certainly. 大山&如梅:当然啦。

Glen: Just leave your coats here. 格伦:把衣服就放在这里吧。

{16}Dashan: Hi. Glen. It's Dashan. Thanks again for yesterday. We really enjoyed visiting your office and learning more about your company.

大山:格伦,你好。 我是大山。再次感谢你昨天的款待。我们为能拜访、加深了解你们公司感到非常高兴。

Glen: Oh, you're welcome. Everybody at Capital enjoyed meeting you and your friends. Listen, are you free this evening?

格伦:啊,不用客气。 首都电子公司的每个人都为能见到你和你的朋友感到高兴。喂,你今天晚上有空吗?

Dashan: Yes. 大山:有。

Glen: Well, how about coming over to our house for dinner? Kathy's going to make her vegetarian lasagna tonight.

格伦:那到我家来吃晚饭,怎么样?今天晚上凯西准备做素卤意大利宽面条。

Dashan: That sounds great. I'd really like to come. 大山:听起来不错,我很愿意来。

Glen: And please invite Rumei and Yunbo, too. 格伦:请邀请如梅、云波一起来。

Dashan: That's very kind of you, Glen. 大山:格伦,谢谢你。

Glen: Come around at 6:00. We're going to have an early dinner. It's a school night for Christopher.

格伦:6点左右到我这里吧。今天晚饭我们要早点吃,克里斯托弗晚上要去学校参加活动。

Dashan: Great. I'm looking forward to it. See you then. Oh, Glen, what's your address? 大山:好的,我期待着这一刻。回头见。噢,格伦,你住什么地方?

Glen: 555 North Hinton Avenue. That's Hinton near Main. Ours is the house with the big tree in front of it.

格伦:欣屯街北路555号,欣屯街挨着美因街。我们家房子前边有一棵大树。

Kathy: Hello, everyone. It's wonderful to meet you all. Please come in. 凯西:你们好。见到你们太高兴了。请进。

Rumei: These flowers are for you, Kathy. 如梅:凯西,这花是送给你的。

Dashan: And here's a bottle of wine. Thanks for your kind invitation. 大山:还有一瓶酒。谢谢你们的邀请。

Kathy: Quite welcome. The pleasure is ours.

凯西:不用客气,你们能来我们感到很荣幸。

Kathy: Sit down, please. Make yourselves at home. I'm going to get Christopher. He's doing his homework in his bedroom.

凯西:请坐吧。请不要拘束。我去把克里斯托弗叫来。他在卧室里正做作业呢。

Glen: Would anybody care for a drink before dinner? I have rum, gin, scotch, wine... 格伦:吃饭前有谁想喝点什么吗?我这儿有朗姆酒、杜松子酒、苏格兰威士忌、葡 萄酒??

Yunbo: I'll have a gin and tonic, please. 云波:我想喝点杜松子酒加苏打水。

Glen: OK. 格伦:好的。

Rumei: I'd like some ginger ale, please. 如梅:我想喝点姜汁汽水。

Dashan: Could I have a scotch on the rocks?

大山:给我点加冰块的苏格兰威士忌,好吗? Glen: Sure. 格伦:好的。

Kathy: This is our Christopher.

凯西:这是我们的儿子,克里斯托弗。

Everybody: Hi, Christopher.

三人一起:你好。克里斯托弗。

Christopher: Hi,everybody. 克里斯托弗:你们好。

Kathy: Christopher, this is Rumei. This is Yunbo and this is Dashan. Dad and Dashan went to school together.

凯西:克里斯托弗,这是如梅,这是云波,这是大山。爸爸和大山是大学同学。

Christopher: Hi, everybody. 克里斯托弗:你们好。

Dashan: What grade are you in, Christopher? 大山:克里斯托弗,你上几年级?

Christopher: I'm in Grade Five. 克里斯托弗:我上五年级。

Kathy: Christopher's going to attend a hockey camp this summer. 凯西:克里斯托弗今年夏天要参加冰球夏令营。

Rumei: Sounds like fun. 如梅:听起来蛮有趣嘛。

Christopher: Yeah. Mom, when are we going to eat dinner? I'm hungry. 克里斯托弗:是。妈妈,我们什么时候吃晚饭啊?我饿了。

Kathy: Very soon, honey. Glen, how about taking everyone into the dining room? I'm going to take the lasagna out of the oven.

凯西:亲爱的,马上就吃饭。 格伦,你带大家到餐厅好吗?我去把面条从烤箱里取出来。

Rumei: Kathy, can I help with anything? 如梅:凯西,有什么要我帮忙的吗?

Kathy: Oh, that's all right. Just make yourself comfortable. 凯西:噢,没什么事,别拘束就行。

Glen: I think everything is just about ready now. 格伦:我看我们可以准备开饭了。

Dashan: Mmm. Everything smells delicious. 大山:啊,每道菜闻着都是那么香。


走进加拿大英语对话(6).doc 将本文的Word文档下载到电脑 下载失败或者文档不完整,请联系客服人员解决!

下一篇:M26模块使用方法及编程策略

相关阅读
本类排行
× 注册会员免费下载(下载后可以自由复制和排版)

马上注册会员

注:下载文档有可能“只有目录或者内容不全”等情况,请下载之前注意辨别,如果您已付费且无法下载或内容有问题,请联系我们协助你处理。
微信: QQ: