Supplement
Useful Sentences and Enquiries and Offers
详情请参见课本P57-P58
7. One of our clients takes interest in your products and wishes to have your quotations for the specified in the list.
我方的一个客户对你方产品很感兴趣,期望得到你方附件列表所列商品的报价
10.Please send us your best offer by fax indicating packing, specifications, quantity available and the earliest time of delivery. 请用传真报你方最优盘,并注明包装规格,可供数量及最早交货日期
13.We hope that your prices will be workable and that business will materialize to our mutual advantage.
希望你们报价可行,并达成对双方有利交易
18.Your enquiry is now having our attention and we will let you have our offer in a few day.我方正处理你方询盘,今后几天向你方提供我方发盘
19.We thank you for your enquiry and have pleasure in making you the following offer subject to prior sale.感谢你方的询盘,我方很高新向你方提供下列报盘,以优先出售为准
21.All quotations are subject to our final confirmation. Unless
otherwise stated or agreed upon, all prices are net without commission.所有报价以我方最终确认为准,如无其它说明或协议,所有价格均为净价不含佣金
CHAPTER THREE
reject拒绝/courtesy礼貌礼仪
make a counter-offer if it is appropriate如果适宜的话可以还盘 virtually 实质上,实际上/initiated提出
A counter-offer is virtually a partial rejection of the original offer and also a counter proposal initiated by the buyer or the offeree. 还盘实质上是对全发盘的部分拒绝,也是买方相对于发盘的提议 This process can go on for many a round till business is finalized or called off过程或许可以持续许多回合,直到交易达成或取消 Explicitly明确/ambiguity歧义/the goods are not available断货 terms and conditions条款/
Letters rejecting orders must be written with the utmost care and with an eye togoodwill and future business拒绝订单的函电应当小心书写并着眼于(良好的愿望)商誉及将来的贸易往来 regret your inability to meet the buyer’s needs对无法满足买方需求表示遗憾
propose an alternative product, if one is available如有可能提供替代品
hope for the opportunity to serve him some other time希望其它时间有机会向他们提供服务
Lesson13
FAQ-Fair Average Quality大路货(良好平均品质)/the captioned goods标题所说的货物/on usual terms按照惯常条款 Level水平,引申为“价格”
1、 Your price is not on a level with the current market.
你方价格与目前市场不符
2、 We shall appreciate it if you place orders with us at something
near our level.如果你方在我方价格附近下订单,我方将不甚感激
3、 We have closed business at this level with buyers at your end
在这个价格水平,我方已与你方买主达成交易
Some parcels of Indian origin have been sold here at a level about 10% lower than yours.原产于印度的产品目前在此地以低于你方10%的价格出售
in no case=by no means=on no account 无论如何,决不 step up.加速,促进
To step up the trade, we are prepared to lower the prevailing market.为了促进贸易,我方愿意将我方价格下降5%
To step up the trade, we counter-off as follows.为了促进贸易,我方还盘如下
on or before在某日或某日之前;不迟于…
Other terms as per your letter of August 22其它条款参照你方8与
月22日函 decline拒绝
1、 We are obliged to decline fresh order as we cannot expect
new supplies to come in.由于无法预计新供货何时到达,只好拒绝你方订单
2、 Our buyers decline raising their proposal.我方买主拒绝提高
他们的限额
3、 As the marketing is declining, we recommended your
immediate acceptance.由于市场行情下滑,我方建议你方立即接受