怦然心动中英文台词(5)

2020-02-21 02:36

开饭啦 宝贝们 Here, guys.

出来吧 吃饭喽 Go on, there you go.

来来来 吃饭哦 没错 都是鸡

Here, guys. Go on. Yeah, they're all chickens.

一只公鸡都没有? 非得让我再说一遍? There's no rooster? What did I just say?

你怎么看出来的? How can you tell?

它们走路没有昂首阔步 来来来 多吃点

Well, none of them are strutting. Here, come on.

公鸡也懂昂首阔步? 快吃呀

Roosters strut? Come on, guys.

你不懂就别问了行不? 吃吧吃吧 What did I just say? Here.

再说了 也没看见有红鸡冠的 Plus, hardly any of them have any rubbery red stuff.

你在干嘛呀? 绝对都是鸡

What are you doing? Yeah. They're definitely all chickens.

他们家养的都是鸡 They're all chickens.

真替你骄傲啊 布莱斯 I'm proud of you, Bryce.

你克服了恐惧心理 什么?

You overcame your fear. Huh?

你跟她说话了呀 哦 是啊

You talked to her. Oh, heh. Yeah.

这有啥大不了的 It's no big deal.

是她亲口跟你说的吗? 养的都是鸡? That's what she told you? They're all chickens?

是啊 Yeah.

你俩都够油菜的 不是鸡难道还是鸭啊

She's a genius. You're both genius Of course they're all chickens.

公鸡不也是鸡么 可关键在于 A rooster's a chicken. The question is:

那些鸡都是母的吗? Is one of them a rooster or are they all hens?

母鸡? 谁跟我提过母鸡啊? Hens? Who said anything about hens?

我突然就开窍了 Then it hit me.

加利特压根对鸡一窍不通 Garrett didn't know jack shit about chickens.

公鸡走路会昂首阔步么? 那当然了 Do roosters strut? Yes, they do.

问这个问题有意义吗? What does that have to do with anything?

那它们全是母鸡 They're all hens.

只要鸡蛋没问题就行了 Well, the main thing is the eggs are okay.

不用再纠结了 It's all settled.

我可不这么想 Not for me.

我打死都不可能去碰 There was no way I was ever gonna eat anything

和朱莉·贝克有关的任何东西

that had anything to do with Juli Baker.

我不想吃鸡蛋 I'm not eating them.

为什么呢? Well, why not?

你又不是没见过她家那院子 Have you seen their yard? It's

简直是寸草不生 除了污泥就是鸡粪

There's not even any grass. It's all mud and chicken turds.

真恶心 有沙门氏菌? Ew. Gross. Salmonella.

该不会有沙门氏菌吧? Do you suppose they could have salmonella?

应该不太可能 为什么要拿健康冒险? It's not very likely. Why take the risk?

那鸡蛋如何处理? What do we do with the eggs?

还回去吧 Give them back.

还回去? 还给朱莉? 没错

Give them back? To Juli? Sure. 反正你都跟她说过话了 也没见你掉肉啊

You talked to her before, right? It didn't kill you.

那我要怎么跟她说呢? Well, what do I say?

告诉她我们家不吃鸡蛋 Tell her we don't eat eggs.

对鸡蛋过敏之类的 Uh, we're allergic to them or something.

你不会动脑筋想想啊 Come on, use your brains.

撒谎总归不太好 It didn't feel right to lie.

再说了 三岁小孩都知道 Besides, even a seventh grader would know

全家人不可能同时对鸡蛋过敏 that entire families aren't allergic to eggs.

我也不想让她伤心 But I didn't wanna hurt her feelings either.

所以我只能这么做了 So that left me with only one option.

而且也能让我避免 And thus another near-death experience

和朱莉·贝克当面发生冲突 in my ongoing saga with Juli Baker had been successfully avoided.

直到一个星期后 Until one week later.

嗨 布莱斯 我又给你带了些鸡蛋 Hi, Bryce. Brought you some more eggs.

哇 Wow.

谢谢 之前送的那些你家人还喜欢吗?

Thanks. Did your family like the first batch?

Do you even have to ask?

那就好 学校见 Great. See you at school.

我本来想着能永绝后患 What I hoped would be a one-time event

没想到却让自己 was just the beginning of a life

变得谎话连篇 consumed with lies, intrigue and deception.

每天早晨我都得提防朱莉 Every morning I'd be on the lookout for Juli

必须抢在她敲门之前 so if she happened to come,

把门打开 I could whip the door open before she knocked.

谢谢 Thanks.

然后再偷偷把鸡蛋给扔了 Then I'd dump the eggs before anyone noticed.

为什么? 我就不能直接跟她摊牌吗? And why? Why couldn't I just face her?

为什么我就不能跟她说 Why couldn't I just say:

谢谢 我不稀罕你的鸡蛋 拿去喂蛇好了

\

我究竟是不忍伤害她 Was I really afraid of hurting her feelings

还是打心底里怕她? or was I just afraid of her?

现在 你得确认... Now, you wanna make sure you get it

布鲁贝克老师最初提出孵化课题时

When Mrs. Brubeck first suggested hatching eggs as my science project

我其实并不太感兴趣 I was less than excited.

直到我第一次亲眼目睹生命的迹象 That is, until I saw my first sign of life.

就是这个吗? Is that it?

是的 那就是胚胎 哇

That's the embryo. Heh. Wow.

看起来像豌豆 没错

It looks like a bean. It does.

看看其他几个吧 Let's try the other ones.

那一刻我切身感受到 Suddenly it felt real.

每颗蛋都是鲜活的生命 All the eggs were alive.

里面都孕育着豌豆宝宝 There were, like, little bean babies inside every one.

科技展览会上 六只小鸡成功孵化

On the day of the fair, all six chicks hatched. 这不是做梦吧? What are the odds?

今年的冠军是朱莉·贝克 This year's top prize goes to Juli Baker

她的课题是 for her wonderful project:

小鸡的诞生过程 \

我得了第一名 I won first place.

我当然很高兴 但我更在意小鸡们的去留

And that was cool, but all I really cared about were my chicks.

开饭啦 宝贝们 There you go. There you go, guys.

妈妈并不太喜欢在家养鸡 My mom wasn't crazy about us raising chickens.

我拼命求她 还向她保证 But I begged and pleaded.

一定会打理好一切 而且我做到了

I told her I would take care of everything. And I did.

克莱德哪去了? Where's Clyde?

克莱德? Clyde?

克莱德 你怎么了? Hey, Clyde. What's the matter?

你还好吗? 肚子不饿吗? Are you okay? Aren't you hungry?

来 过来 怎么了呀 宝贝? Come on. Come here. What's wrong, baby?

让我抱抱 Come here.

嘿 你升级成妈妈克莱德啦 Hey, you're not Clyde. You're Clydette.

妈妈 Mom!

母鸡下的蛋供过于求 As it turned out, my hens laid more eggs than we could eat.

一开始我们还想加大需求量 At first we tried to keep up

但连吃了1个月的煮蛋 炒蛋 煎蛋后 but after a month of boiling, frying and deviling

就像电影\变形怪体\那样 我们彻底不行了

like that movie The Blob, we were being overtaken by eggs. 直到邻居斯特比太太到访 事情才有所转机

Then opportunity in the form of our neighbor, Mrs. Steuby, knocked.

你好呀 亲爱的 Hello, dear.

如果你家有多余的鸡蛋 我想找你买一些

If you ever have any extra, I'd be happy to buy them from you.

真的吗? 那当然了 Really? Certainly.

而且海姆斯太太也想买

And I happen to know that Mrs. Helms would be interested as well.

太好了 新鲜鸡蛋多营养呀

Great. Nothing like fresh eggs.

谢谢你 斯特比太太 不客气 亲爱的 再见 Thanks, Mrs. Steuby. You bet, dear. Bye.

在斯特比和海姆斯太太的帮助下 Between Mrs. Steuby and Mrs. Helms,


怦然心动中英文台词(5).doc 将本文的Word文档下载到电脑 下载失败或者文档不完整,请联系客服人员解决!

下一篇:让作文有充盈的源头活水

相关阅读
本类排行
× 注册会员免费下载(下载后可以自由复制和排版)

马上注册会员

注:下载文档有可能“只有目录或者内容不全”等情况,请下载之前注意辨别,如果您已付费且无法下载或内容有问题,请联系我们协助你处理。
微信: QQ: