我们要请贝克一家来吃晚餐 We're having the Bakers over for dinner.
如果是因为我昨晚说错话了 对不起 行了吧
If this is about what I said last night, I'm sorry, okay?
但是 请他们吃饭又治不好他哥哥
But, you know, having them over for dinner is not gonna fix his brother.
到时是晚宴的形式 It's going to be a sit-down dinner.
我希望大家衣着得体一点 And I expect everyone to dress accordingly.
天哪 来一顿烧烤不行吗? Oh, God. Can't we just have a barbecue?
是晚宴 It's going to be a sit-down dinner.
杀了我吧 Just shoot me now.
小心梦想成真 Careful what you wish for.
于是就这样了 So that was it.
想到不久就要和朱莉·贝克参加衣衫楚楚的晚宴
A dress-up, sit-down dinner with Juli Baker was in my immediate future.
在学校看见她 我就更不自在了 And that made seeing Juli at school more uncomfortable.
我发现上课时我总爱盯着她看 I found myself staring at her in class.
她头发散落在肩上的样子 And the way her hair fell back over her shoulders
像极了她在报纸上那张照片 she looked just like the picture in the newspaper.
戴娜·切斯勒发现我在看她 Dana Tressler caught me watching.
要是不反应快点 这事就得传开了 If I didn't do something fast, this could spread like wildfire.
她头发里有只蜜蜂 There was a bee in her hair.
看见没 飞走了 See, there it goes.
没有蜜蜂 There's no bee.
从窗户飞出去了 It flew out the window.
我说服自己要逃过此劫 I convinced myself I'd dodged a bullet.
我必须把朱莉从脑海中抹去 I had to put Juli out of my mind.
我把重心放到作业这些事上 Keep the focus on the important stuff like schoolwork.
可我胆子太小了 My weakness was unnerving.
我要用你的削笔刀 I need your sharpener.
你没学过敲门吗? You ever heard of knocking?
在看什么呢! 爸爸的\花花公子\吗? Hey, what you got there? Dad's Playboy?
关你毛事 None of your business.
代我向十月的封面小妞问好 出去
Give my best to Miss October. Get out.
或者向你问好? 你恶不恶心
Or should I say your best? Ha, ha. You're disgusting.
又躲过一场灾难 Another disaster avoided.
我的生活从此充满危险 My life had become a minefield.
嗨 伙计 嗨
Hey, man. Hey.
这是什么 What's this?
不是你想的那样 It's not what you think.
好吧 就是你想的那样 但我可以解释 Okay, it is what you think, but I can explain.
好吧 我没法解释 这事能晚点再聊吗 Okay, I can't explain. Can we just talk about it later?
随便 Whatever you say.
我必须找人聊聊 I had to talk to someone.
不如加利特吧 可能他能让我清醒过来
Why not Garrett? Maybe he could help me get back on track.
从内心来说 加利特着实吃了一惊 Garrett was surprisingly sensitive in matters of the heart.
你疯了吗? 朱莉·贝克 你是讨厌她的
Are you freaking mental? Juli Baker. You hate her.
所以才奇怪啊 我觉得我不讨厌她 That's what's weird. I don't think I do.
我总是在想她 I can't stop thinking about her.
你把事情搞砸了 那我该怎么办?
You got it bad, man. Well, what do I do?
你要把这种感情扼杀在萌芽状态 它是假的
Well, you gotta nip this in the bud. These aren't real emotions.
为什么是假的? They're not?
你是因为扔鸡蛋的事有负罪感 You feel guilty because of the egg thing.
嗯 我还侮辱她的院子了 Yeah, and I insulted her yard.
对啊 当然 那地方的确像个垃圾场
Exactly. Of course, the place is a dump anyways.
这不是她的错 她爸爸有个智障哥哥
It's not her fault. Her dad's got a retarded brother
家里的钱都拿去给他治病了 and all their money goes to helping him.
智障? 操 你也该看出来一些事吧
A retard? Well, shoot, that ought to tell you something.
什么事? 朱莉的
About what? About Juli.
你说什么? What are you saying?
树上掉下的苹果 能落到多远 The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
我不信 我想骂他 I couldn't believe it. I wanted to yell at him.
告诉他他不像我这样了解朱莉 Tell him that he didn't know Juli like I did.
但一张口就变成了: But all that came out was:
哦 原来如此 Heh, oh.
是啊 对啊
Right. Yeah.
好 我先走了 晚点找你 Right. Um, I'll talk to you later.
我本该放学后去找加利特的 I was supposed to go to Garrett's after school
但我不想跟他一块了 but I couldn't be around him.
他已经越界了 He'd crossed the line.
跟他一道越界的还有我爸爸 And standing right next to him across that line was my father.
我不在乎他们怎么想的 I didn't care what they thought. 我喜欢朱莉·贝克 I liked Juli Baker.
每到周日早晨 我家就充满祥和宁静 Sunday mornings are peaceful in our house.
爸爸会睡到自然醒 My dad lets himself sleep in.
妈妈懒得做早餐 My mother lets herself not fix breakfast.
如果我两个哥哥出去玩乐队
If my brothers have been out late playing with their band
中午之前你都找不到他们在哪儿 you won't even know they're around till noon.
但这个周天 我一觉醒来就觉得不自在 But this Sunday, I woke up feeling weird.
我必须摆脱自己对布莱斯的困惑
I had to do something to shake off the confused feelings about Bryce
这种困惑越来越强烈了 that were starting to creep back in.
你干得真不错啊 You really did it, didn't you? Heh.
为你骄傲 谢谢 爸爸
Proud of you. Thanks, Dad.
你要去哪儿? 去看丹尼尔 今天是他的生日
Where you going? To see Daniel. It's his birthday.
我也想去 I wanna come with you.
宝贝 享受这个早上吧 和妈妈一起呆着
Oh, honey, just enjoy the morning, stay with your mom.
不 爸爸 我想去 No, Dad. I wanna come.
宝贝 听着 Sweetheart, listen.
有时 跟丹尼尔... Sometimes, with Daniel...
我要来 爸爸 I'm coming, Dad.
好吧 Okay.
我们该给妈妈留张纸条哈 We'd better leave a note for your mother.
这些年来 我从没拜访过丹尼尔伯伯 In all the years, I'd never visited my Uncle Daniel. 我不明白为什么 爸爸总是一个人去的
I don't know why. It was always something my dad did alone.
去德文赫斯特的路上我们没怎么说话
We didn't say much to each other on the drive to Devonhurst,
但我并不介意 but I didn't care.
我就喜欢和爸爸呆在一起 I just liked being with my dad.
有时沉默对我们而言 Somehow the silence seemed to connect us in a way
无声胜有声 that words never could.
让病人料理草坪 也是其中一种治疗方法
The residents tend to the grounds as part of their therapy.
有人要花些时间才能适应 但他们都是好人
It takes some getting used to. They're good people, though.
丹尼尔? Daniel?
丹尼尔 Daniel.
理查德! 你来啦 Richard! You're here!
理查德来给我过生日啦 Richard for my birthday.
她是谁? 理查德 她是谁 Who? Richard, who? Who?
她是谁 理查德 她是谁 Who? Who? Richard, who? Who?
丹尼尔 丹尼尔 她是朱莉安娜 我女儿 Daniel, Daniel, it's Julianna. It's my daughter.
是你的侄女 Your niece.
朱莉安娜 Julianna.
朱莉安娜 生日快乐 丹尼尔伯伯
Ha, Julianna. Happy birthday, Uncle Daniel.
呵呵 理查德 今天是我的生日 Ha-ha-ha. Richard. It's my birthday.
我有你的照片 朱莉安娜 我有你的照片
I have your pictures, Julianna. I have your pictures.
我们给你准备了一份礼物 We have a present for you.
拼图吗? 是拼图吗 理查德 A puzzle? A puzzle, Richard?
不仅仅是拼图 Not just a puzzle.
有拼图 还有... A puzzle and a
风车 pinwheel.