生活大爆炸第一季台词(中英文对照)
看生活大爆炸学英语 The Big Bang Theory 第1季 14集:The Nerdvana Annihilation
-Sheldon: This sandwich is an unmitigated disaster. I asked for turkey and roast beef with lettuce and Swiss on whole wheat.
unmitigated: 绝对的,十足的 disaster: 灾难 turkey:火鸡 roast:烤肉,烘烤
lettuce:莴苣 swiss:瑞士奶酪 whole wheat:全麦
这个三明治真是太失败了,我点了土司夹火鸡肉和烤肉和莴苣还有瑞士奶酪
-Rajesh: What did they give you?
他们送给你的是什么?
-Sheldon: Turkey and roast beef with Swiss and lettuce on whole wheat.
火鸡肉和烤肉和瑞士奶酪还有莴苣
It's the right ingredients, but in the wrong order. In a proper sandwich, the cheese is adjacent to the bread to create a moisture barrier against the lettuce.
ingredient:要素,配料 adjacent: 邻近的,紧靠的 moisture:水分 barrier:障碍
成分虽然是对的但顺序不对啊。正宗的三明治奶酪应涂在土司和莴苣之间,防止土司被莴苣弄潮湿
They might as well have dragged this thing through a car wash.
might as well:或许 drag:拖拉
真怀疑他们是不是把三明治在洗车房洗过一遍了
-Rajesh: I don't believe it.
不太可能吧
-Sheldon: I know. It's basic culinary science.
culinary:烹饪的
是啊做三明治是厨艺基础的基础
-Leonard: Some guy is auctioning off a miniature Time Machine prop from the original film, and no one is bidding on it.
auction off:拍卖,竞卖 miniature:小规模的 prop:支柱,支架 bid on:出价,投标 有人在网上拍卖迷你时间机器,那可是原版电影的仿制品但是没有人在竞拍
-Howard: A time machine from the movie The Time Machine?
时间机器电影里的时间机器?
-Leonard: No. A time machine from Sophie's Choice
不是,是"苏菲的抉择"里的时间机器
-Rajesh: Boy, Sophie could have used a time machine in that movie. Did you see it? It's rough. rough:粗糙的,粗暴的
哥们苏菲可是在那部电影里用过时间机器你们见过它么? 挺猛的
-Howard: Oh, that's cool.
哦看起来好酷啊
-Rajesh: It's only $800?
只有800块?
-Leonard: Yeah. And that's my bid.
bid: 竞标
是啊那是我的竞标价