生活大爆炸第一季台词(中英文对照)
-Penny: No! I don't want to try it! My God, you are grown men!
grown:长大的,成年的
不要!我才不要玩这个呢! 天哪你们都是成年人了!
How can you waste your lives with these stupid toys and costumes and comic books and... and now that?! That...
costume: 服装,剧服 comic:连环图画的,喜剧的
你们怎么能把生命浪费在这些愚蠢的玩具和服装上呢?!还有漫画书和... 还有现在那个?! -Sheldon:Again. Time machine.
那个... 我再说一遍时间机器
-Penny: Oh, please, it's not a time machine. If anything, it looks like something Elton John would drive through the Everglades.
everglades: 大沼泽
哦得了吧这才不是时间机器呢也许它更像是 Elton John(Discovery节目主持人) 在沼泽地区里驾驶的东西
-Sheldon:It only moves in time. It would be worse than useless in a swamp.
swamp: 湿地
它只能在时间层面移动在沼泽里时间机器根本没用
-Penny: Pathetic! All of you! Completely pathetic!
pathetic:可怜的, 可悲的
可悲! 你们全部! 实在太可悲了!
-Rajesh: My turn.
轮到我了
-Sheldon: Leonard, it's 2:00 in the morning.
Leonard 现在是凌晨2点
-Leonard: So?
怎么了?
-Sheldon:So it's my turn. Why did you set it for the day before yesterday?
应该轮到我,为什么你把时间设定到前天?
-Leonard: Because I want to go back and keep myself from getting a time machine.
因为我想回到过去然后阻止我竞标时间机器
-Sheldon: You can't. If you were to prevent yourself from buying it in the past,
那是不可能的事情假设你在过去阻止了你竞标成功
you would not have it available in the present to travel back and stop yourself from buying it. 现在你就不会拥有时间机器,更不会有机会回到过去去"阻止"你自己买它了
Ergo, you would still have it. This is a classic rookie time-travel mistake.
ergo:因此classic:经典的 rookie: 新手
因此你还是会拥有时间机器的这是经典的初学者的时间旅行错误理念
-Leonard: Can I go back and prevent you from explaining that to me?
Prevent:阻止 explain:解释
我能回到过去阻止你跟我解释那套理论么?
-Sheldon: Same paradox. If you were to travel back in time and say, knock me unconscious, Paradox: 自相矛盾的话 unconscious:失去知觉的
同等悖论如果你回到过去然后把我打晕过去
you would not then have the conversation that irritated you, motivating you to go back and