上个星期我没空。
-CARLOS: I don t wanna hear your excuses, just take care of it.
wanna(=want to): 想要 excuse: 理由,借口 take care of: 处理
我不要听你的解释,你只要给我做好就可以了。
-GABRIELLE: I really hate the way you talk to me.
我实在很讨厌你跟我说话的态度。
-CARLOS: And I really hate that I spent $15,000 on your diamond necklace that you couldn t live without.
spend: 花费 spend on: 在……上花钱 diamond: 钻石 necklace: 项链
live without: 在没有…的情况下生活; 少…也可以生活
我也很讨厌我花了$15,000给你买了那条你没有就不能活的钻石项链。
But I m learning to deal with it.
deal with: 处理
但是我试着搞定了,
So. Can I tell Tanaka we ll be there tomorrow night?
那么我可以告诉Tanaka明晚我们都会去?
-GABRIELLE: John. We have bandages top shelf in the kitchen.
bandage: 绷带 shelf: 架子 kitchen: 厨房
John. 厨房的架子上有创口贴。
-JOHN: Thanks, Mrs. Solis.
谢谢,Solis太太。
-GABRIELLE: Fine. I ll go.
很好,我走了。
But I m keeping my back pressed against the wall the entire time.
back: 背 press against: 使贴着 entire: 全部的
但是我会一整晚都靠在墙上的。
-CARLOS: See? Now this is what a marriage is all about - compromise.
marriage: 婚姻 compromise: 妥协
看到了吧?这就是---妥协。
-GABRIELLE: Is your finger ok?
finger: 手指
你的手指还好么?
-JOHN: Yeah, yeah, it s just a small cut.
cut: 割伤,切口
哦,是的,只是个小伤口。
-GABRIELLE: Let me see. Mmmm.
让我看看,嗯
-JOHN: You know, Mrs. Solis, uhh, I really like it when we hook up.
hook up: 扣住;接通【这里指搭上关系,性交】
你知道的,Solis太太,当我们交缠的时候会很棒的,
But, um, you know I gotta get my work done, I can t afford to lose this job.
gotta(=have got to): 必须 get: 使得 afford: 负担得起
但是,嗯,我得干活...我不能失去这份工作。
-GABRIELLE: This table is hand carved.